Tuesday, September 2, 2008

stupid attempt

I wanna try painting but... I need to get materials.

Here's an attempt at painting in SAI without reference based on what I know :/ Which isn't saying a lot! Also it's because I'm too stubborn to use ref other than using myself or a model. I'm scared of thinking someone would think I ripped off a pose or something. I will draw as needed with a model until I know the body well enough >:I So basically... I paint from memory of what I know (I know, sounds like something every artist does blah blah) but I don't mean it that way. What I'm saying is.. because I don't sketch often, I try to compile everything I've examined, learned and liked about things I've seen into something I can put on paper (or screen) Without having to draw it over and over to get it right. I honestly try to get it right the first time around, which is why it's so frustrating the second or third time around! I'll keep scribbling on the same picture until it looks right out of too much pride for my work. :) So yea... seeing as I don't paint it's not TOO horrid! For that I'm glad.

Turned out nice to start but then I added solid elements in and yea... not the best idea but it's what I like to do. Maybe one day I can make it work to my advantage. You know, when it doesn't suck! But that's not what this blog is for. Maybe one day I'll come back and finish it. I was genuinely tired of looking at it. Her chin and face in general is misshapen... and I feel some elements I had at the beginning I sort of scribbled around have been lost. The lips flattened out alot too, maybe even need to be nudged higher... got alot of contrast issues... her eyebrows are brown and kinda high up and the same color as the skin... ugh, there are so many things I could point out but I'm sick of judging myself. Time to try again... this time with reference!
I do enjoy the nose though (:3

No comments: